Wednesday, October 8, 2008

WOMAN vs. MACHINE

Is a light fixture a machine, you ask? Adina asked the same question. Fortunately for me, I had the complete set of the Charlie Brown Encyclopedias, where I learned that a machine is any device that reduces the amount of force needed to perform work. So, there. (Don't give me any B.S. about this, Andrew, just roll with it.) It took me many hours to get this D-A-M-N light fixture working; it was a seemingly simple task of putting a new cord up and attaching a new socket. The cord would not fit through the threaded nipple (yes, that is what it is called) and it took about an hour just to figure this out, when Adina suggested I strip the whole cord and replace the insulation with a thin layer of electrical tape. Hm, not the safest thing, but heck, it worked.


When will I be declared an American hero? Dammit!

3 comments:

Adina said...

Steph = 1
Annoying Apartment Wiring = 0

Stephanie S. WINS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Handy women rock! This weekend I was called a "Value-added girlfriend" because of my handiness!

I'm more than happy to share the title with you!

Rachel said...

Steph, can we just talk about the heights your coolness reached on Wednesday night. A new light AND brownies? You are the ultimate paradigm of domesticity.