Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A pox upon me

I feel diseased. My fellow staff members and even our resident back away in fear and disgust. My leprosy has made me an outcast in the only place I belong.

Actually, my cultures are negative so far, but my patient today had shingles and her culture didn't come back positive until 10 days out. I prolly wouldn't care except I have a new yuckster on my arm and I'd like to know if I should be out of work again. I called my hookup in derm and she said it didn't sound like anything to worry about.

My patient today is intubated and she asked me for some funny hospital stories/drama/gossip. The best I could come up with was to tell her about The Don, who was her "doctor" for a while. She was cracking up and told me that she did not like him because he kept waking her up at zero:dark:thirty and "manhandling" her, so she told him never to touch her again. HA! And yet, she said, he was still her doctor but would just talk to her from the door and never examine her. Niiiiiice.

Picture of my cat.


-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

Adina said...

You belong here at home with me!!!!

Eeek, I hope you are ok by the time we go on vacation next week.

alex said...

i'm glad you're all cleared now...are you still poxy? did i tell you i got splashed in the eye with mrsa r/o flu vent tubing goo? yay...

awww, bear :)

ps i'm thinking about resurrecting cryblog...