Saturday, January 24, 2009

Meatwad


Gawsh it has been ages since I blogged. I am at work, of course. I have this patient who has HIV-related lymphoma and is the gayest little thing I have seen in a while. And he is the kind of guy that you see last because you know he will keep you in there for as long as you'll take. I mean, not once has he said that he is done with me today. I have always had to find an out, usually after he says something crazy and inappropriate and I laugh, back away, and say, "that's it, I'm out!" And when I say, ok, I gotta go see my other patients, which is a lie because my trainee has the other patients, he says, "where you goin'?" He dragged me in there to watch cartoons with him earlier.

He spent a long time talking about God today, and how God had delivered him from himself and all this stuff, and he got all teary-eyed with joy about God and I wish that stuff like that permeated me more. It is nice to have a patient that leaves you with a smile and a positive feeling, even if he is a PITA.

2 comments:

Adina said...

I feel like your poll should have a "none of the above" answer. I think all those smells are narsty.

What is a PITA?

Anonymous said...

I'll trade god for a sense of humor. That is what kept my aunt sane when she was dying.

It is nice that he cheers you up now and then. Did he make you watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force? That show is hard to take at first.

BLair